Feb 7, 2012

Candy Cane Heart Suckers



I couldn't help posting about these right away. They were just too cute to put in my post line up and were so easy I couldn't wait to share! They taste like peppermint bark, mmmmmm.....

If you're like me and got stuck with too many candy canes left over from the holidays then this should help you out in that area.

You will need:
As many mini candy canes as you've got! Put them in pairs.
White chocolate wafers for melting. I used about a 1/2 cup to make 7 of these.
Pink food coloring, or red, or leave them white, either way they're gonna be yummy!
Lollipop sticks if you've got 'em. If not that's fine too!
Sprinkles-any kind of red or pink sprinkles will do.

This project took about 20 minutes or so. Not bad from start to finish. Waiting for the chocolate to melt was the only time consuming part.

If you are using sticks form your heart around the stick.


I put all the suckers on my Silpat mat. This way the candy canes stayed in place and the chocolate could go right on it and was easy to remove when it was dry.

I melted the white chocolate wafers and then added 1 drop of pink food coloring for a pretty shade of pink. I used a teaspoon sized spoon to put the chocolate inside the the heart. I added a red heart sprinkle to the center for extra cuteness!

If you are not using a stick just form the heart shape with the candy canes and pour in the chocolate, add your sprinkles of choice or leave plain, let them sit till they are dried. See a photo of one with out the stick below.




When they are dried, place them inside clear plastic favor bags. Tie with a little knot and give away at school, to your neighbors, or to your family and friends. You could always eat them all by yourself because they are sooo yummy, but it's always more fun to share!
This could also be done using the regular sized candy cane, but that might be an awful lot of sugar for one little guy to eat.

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I've always wanted to make these. I'll be featuring these over on my blog this afternoon. Hope you have a great Valentine's Day. :)

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and easy! My kids are looking for candy recipies for their 4H projects for our upcoming Fair! I think we may try these!

    ReplyDelete

Join in the conversation by leaving a comment! We look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...