Mar 18, 2012

Bunny Smore's



We are so excited for the warm weather we've been having! The frogs croaking, robins singing, and believe it or not the crickets have been chirping up a storm. Have we seen any bunnies? Not so much...So we decided we'd better make some.

I whipped up a batch of homemade marshmallows, so I could make them bunny shaped. That's the wonderful thing about making marshmallows homemade, you can get sooo creative with the colors and shapes.

Follow the directions for the pink heart marshmallows here. The only thing you will do differently is leave out the food coloring, unless of course you prefer a different color bunny. We wanted our bunnies to be white.

We poured our marshmallow into a 13x9 pan.


We let it sit for 3 or 4 hours. Then we took out our bunny cookie cutter, and cut out the bunny shapes.


Then we powdered the sides, and in between the ears of the marshmallow bunny.


I placed all of the bunnies onto a plate and covered with plastic wrap till the morning.


Now we needed to make the graham cracker dough and use the same cookie cutter to make the exact same bunny shape in order to make the perfect bunny smore. We chose to make the graham cracker dough with honey for a more traditional graham cracker flavor. The directions will explain further!


We baked our bunny shapes as directed and now we are ready to assemble the smores!

If you don't have anything to decorate the outside of your smore, that's okay. It's still gonna look cute all by it's bunny self.

You will want to melt your chocolate and get it ready to go. If you are using sprinkles and such to decorate with get those items out and ready to go also.

Spread your chocolate onto the inside of the top and bottom pieces of your smore.
Place your marshmallow bunny on top of the chocolate, and then sandwich it between the other chocolate covered piece.



Now, it's time to decorate!

I used a toothpick to dab a little chocolate for the eyes and placed a little flower sprinkle on top of the chocolate, so it would stick as if it were glued there.

I did the same for the nose. I used a tiny bunny head shaped sprinkle for the nose. I just turned it upside down and it strangely resembles a bunny nose, and it was pink. Perfect!

I took some extra melted chocolate and filled in the bunny ears. Then, with a toothpick I added the whiskers.



You can decorate these however you want, or don't decorate them at all! They are yummy either way!


Happy Spring!

8 comments:

  1. So cute and such a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Easter treat. They would be a great addition to an Easter basket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute, I love home made marshmallows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, all handmade?!? These look SO fun! Please come share your creative ideas at my link party: http://www.dwellonjoy.com/2012/03/dwell-on-friday-ten.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, those are amazing! SO creative and cute. But that wouldn't stop me from nibbling on his ears...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great recipe thanks for linking up over @CountryMommaCooks...have a blessed Sunday:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the idea. My friend asked me to make some of these to put in a show she is doing this weekend to sell. I posted on my blog and put a link back to yours for the idea and the graham cracker recipe. I loved the graham crackers and was pleased on how easy they were to make. I will be making these again. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! And it sounds tasty too! I would love to have you link up to Sugar Me Up this (and every) weekend. http://everydaymomcakes.com/sugar-me-up-4/ And if you ever have a cake or cupcake you want featured feel free to submit it too!

    Other recipes can be linked up at Feed Your Soul weekends at Around My Family Table. http://www.aroundmyfamilytable.com/2012/04/feed-your-soul-4/

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Join in the conversation by leaving a comment! We look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...