Aug 15, 2012

Cow Pancakes

We have not made any fun barnyard friends out of our pancakes in a while! This week is the county fair and I just fell in love with the cows that were there, so that's what I decided to make for the kiddies yesterday morning.


We spread whip cream all over our pancakes, 1 for the face, two for the ears. For the nose we mixed strawberry jam into the whip cream to get it the perfect shade of pink, then spread it on, and set it in place. We cut out the horns with scissors. We took 1 mini marshmallow and split it in half for the eyes and placed a mini chocolate chip in the center of the marshmallow. We used black sprinkles (which went against every fiber of my being) for the spots.

The kids had so much fun making these. We hope you do too!

4 comments:

  1. How cute. I have to make my nephew a cow cake this weekend....very nervous about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, I was wondering what the black spots were but sprinkles makes total sense. I'm a follower from a blog hop! Feel free to stop by and follow back
    www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a suggestion if you can't stand the sprinkles...crush up some oreo cookies and sprinkle them on...not much better for you than sprinkles, I know, but marginally better...probably less dye and wax at least???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your adorable cow! You can see it here:

    http://funfamilycrafts.com/cow-pancakes/

    If you have other kid-friendly crafts, we'd love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a super fun idea!

    ReplyDelete

Join in the conversation by leaving a comment! We look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...